So emotional. Just got back from Josh Kornbluth's "Sea of Reeds," which (in part) depicts Josh's and my shared journey towards his Bar Mitzvah. There is no way I'll be able to express what tonight meant for me. As a person, as a rabbi, as a soul, I feel so incredibly known, so understood. The amazing Amy Resnick did more than portray me. She showed me the me that I pray every day I am. I do know myself. But that internal sense of who I am is hard to imagine anyone could truly know. I can barely breathe with the realization that I'm not alone, that there's more hope. That my work as a rabbi, as a teacher, as a friend, matters. Thank you, Josh. Thank you, Amy.
Jul 24, 2013
So emotional. Just got back from Josh Kornbluth's "Sea of Reeds."
So emotional. Just got back from Josh Kornbluth's "Sea of Reeds," which (in part) depicts Josh's and my shared journey towards his Bar Mitzvah. There is no way I'll be able to express what tonight meant for me. As a person, as a rabbi, as a soul, I feel so incredibly known, so understood. The amazing Amy Resnick did more than portray me. She showed me the me that I pray every day I am. I do know myself. But that internal sense of who I am is hard to imagine anyone could truly know. I can barely breathe with the realization that I'm not alone, that there's more hope. That my work as a rabbi, as a teacher, as a friend, matters. Thank you, Josh. Thank you, Amy.
TEACHER · AUTHOR · ACTIVIST · MUSICIAN
Rabbi Menachem Creditor
Teaching Torah. Inspiring courage. Building a world of love.
Inspiring communities to think deeply, feel honestly, and act with courage through Jewish learning, public conversation, music, and prayer.
Total Pageviews
-
Immersion and Identity Rabbi Ethan Tucker Delivered at the 7th annual Camp Conference of the Grinspoon Institute for Jewish Philanthropy ...
-
Ed Sheeran Owes His Fans an Apology Rabbi Menachem Creditor September 6, 2026 At MetLife Stadium this past weekend, Benjamin Hammond Haggert...
-
Hebrew National & Kosher Politics What's kosher about answering to a higher authority? July 10, 2009 Kenneth Lasson Special to the...