Announcing Kesharim Independent Minyan Partnership Grants
In 2008 the USCJ Kesharim Committee awarded 6 grants to Independent Minyanim who arranged partnerships with USCJ congregations or regions. We are pleased to announce a new Request for Proposals (RFP) to be awarded in early September, 2009. This project's goal is to build on and strengthen the growing movement of independent minyanim, enabling and empowering Jewishly committed young adults to develop the communities, programs, and initiatives they seek within the Halachic framework of Conservative Judaism.
The initial grantees used the funds in a variety of ways, including:the purchas of food and utensils for Shabbat kiddush and meals; purchase of siddurim, chumashim, or other objects used to enhance the prayer experience; sharing the costs of a partner congregational educational program (to subsidize and encourage minyan participants to attend); printing and copying some promotional materials; and providing a scholarship to the Mechon Hadar independent minyan conference in Boston. For a copy of the RFP and application, click here, Applications. Proposals are are due by August 1.
Rabbi Menachem Creditor
To join Rabbi Creditor's email list, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ► 2016 (52)
- ► 2015 (91)
- ► 2014 (265)
- ► 2013 (508)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (317)
- ► 2010 (539)
- LETTER FROM THE EAST BAY COUNCIL OF RABBIS TO THE ...
- jewish week: "Choose Life, Not Kiddush Clubs"
- written by a proud member of Netivot Shalom, share...
- AP news story for Parashat Korach: "Dead Sea peril...
- Dan Schifrin: "The Lovely Bones"
- G'vanim: Denominations
- a recommended Summer book list
- a wonderful article from Alban on Evaluation, Chan...
- NJ Jewish News: "Conservative movement hosts educa...
- Announcing Kesharim Independent Minyan Partnership...
- MSNBC/The Washington Post: "PBS to ban new religio...
- Rabbi Ronald Konigsburg on Conservative Judaism: "...
- Forward: "Conservative Judaism Searches for its Id...
- June 22: Interfaith conversation on marriage equal...
- CNN: Deborah Lipstadt on US Holocaust Museum: "Wit...
- Jweekly: "Unity Program’s first local grads break ...
- Save a Life this Sunday
- Naso 5769/2009: “Personal Status and Jewish Leader...
- Very important/troubling piece: Sid Schwartz in th...
- Israel in the Gardens THIS SUNDAY
- ▼ June (20)
- ► 2008 (91)