#BringThemHomeNow

Jul 14, 2010

The Act of Becoming Human

The Act of Becoming Human
(c) Rabbi Menachem Creditor

At what point do we, does one, do I decide who I am? 
Is it a matter of time? 
Of learning? 

The search for "my authentic self" is
internal and beyond,
immanent and transcendent.... 

It is in the process of encountering the other,
every other,
and The Other,
as life unfolds
that the contours of your soul, our Soul, my soul
can be felt, discerned.

How can I know God if I do not know myself?
How can I know myself if I do not encounter you?
What am I alone?
Is there such a thing?

No.

God is.
You are. 
I am.

---
Rabbi Menachem Creditor
-- www.netivotshalom.org
-- www.shefanetwork.org
-- menachemcreditor.org

To join Rabbi Creditor's email list, send a blank email to thetisch-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Total Pageviews