Dear Rabbi Menachem,
We just learned that our hard-won marriage equality victory in Washington state is headed to the November ballot – and that means we have to out-organize, out-fund, and out-vote our anti-LGBT opposition.
We can make history happen.
The National Organization for Marriage (NOM) and other right-wing groups started hatching a plan to collect signatures before Governor Chris Gregoire even signed the marriage equality bill into law in February.
And NOM even pledged more than $1 million to fund the effort.
But we won't let their money and scare tactics turn back the clock – not when we fought so hard to win marriage in the Washington legislature in the first place. Gov. Gregoire recognized HRC as a leader in that effort, and we pledge to be at the forefront of the battle to defend marriage equality in November.
This is our moment – not theirs. Help pull out all the stops to defeat NOM at the ballot box in November. Pitch in to our Washington Ballot PAC now to give the Washington United for Marriage "Approve R74" campaign a running start.
We've only gotten this far because of hard work and supporters like you – folks who understand what's happening in Washington state and who think marriage equality should be law once and for all.
And now that marriage equality is on the ballot, the fight is about to get ugly. To prepare, we're doubling down on our efforts – even more field operatives all over the state working to recruit thousands of volunteers for phone banking, community meetings, and canvasses.
Stopping this ballot initiative will mean going dollar-for-dollar and ad-for-ad against the deep pockets of the organizations trying to rollback this historic law. There will be lies. There will be attacks. They simply do not care about smearing our families and hurting our kids.
You stood with us to lead the campaign to pass marriage equality earlier this year, and now we ask that you stand with us to protect the gains we made and defend marriage for same-sex couples in Washington.
What you do right now could help shape the course of marriage equality not only in Washington – but all over the country.
Every one of our victories comes down to your support and dedication. Thank you for your commitment to this fight.
Paid for by the Human Rights Campaign, 1640 Rhode Island Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036
© 2012 The Human Rights Campaign. All rights reserved.
Jun 6, 2012
From Human Rights Campaign: "Breaking News: Marriage victory under threat" - http://www.hrc.org/support
- ► 2014 (265)
- ► 2013 (508)
- A Misheberach for Cathy Shadd Rosenfeld
- Rabbi Creditor: Thoughts on the Year Gone By
- Music's Power
- Rabbinical Assembly Statement upon the Supreme Cou...
- Proud to announce my new Yom Kippur kids' book "Av...
- Ample Love
- Today is a Bad Day for Judaism in Israel
- From the #RabbinicalAssembly: A Statement on Incit...
- Fwd: [Shefa] more on Koach: "Congratulations Koach...
- A Geniza Kavannah
- Korach 5772/2012: "Trust"
- Upcoming Events @CNS!
- What do we do with "Sacred Trash?"
- Join the Netivot Shalom Mitzvah Milers!
- Rabbi Gary Creditor: "We Are All God's Children"
- New Adult Class: "Jerusalem's Destruction and God:...
- Wedding Kavannot for Chupah & Wine
- jpost: "High Court justices who recommended suppor...
- clevelandjewishnews.com: "Rogozen to be Conservati...
- Ha'aretz.com: "Haredi MK calls Reform, Conservativ...
- (video) In Support of Avner Shalev and #YadVashem;...
- See you tomorrow at Israel in the Gardens SF! - ht...
- JCHS Graduation Blessing 5772/2012
- A Comment on the NY Jewish Week's "Conservative Mo...
- CJP in Boston: Statement on Religious Pluralism in...
- FREE Crash Course in Basic Hebrew Reading! (Wednes...
- From Human Rights Campaign: "Breaking News: Marria...
- A Prayer for Health
- A Prayer for Direction
- The Netivot Shalom Book Drive! (benefiting the Ric...
- NY Jewish Week: "Students, Women’s League Rally Be...
- The Rear-View Mirror
- This Sunday! (June 10): Israel in the Gardens!!
- Alban Weekly 6/4/2012 -- "Weighing the Giant Fly"
- from SAVEKOACH.ORG
- A Response to the NY Jewish Week story: "Conservat...
- ▼ June (36)
- ► 2011 (317)
- ► 2010 (539)
- ► 2009 (321)
- ► 2008 (91)