In an articleto be included for the upcoming Netivot Shalom newsletter, we note some of the amazing accomplishments for our congregation this past year. Here are some highlights:
1) A successful and unprecedented Yom Kippur Appeal 5772 & reaching the milestone of $1.5 million in pledges for our Capital Campaign!
2) A mindful look at our financial picture from a dedicated Finance Committee, including re-evaluating our shul dues-adjustment procedures!
3) Launching of Chavurot for continued building of community and friendships!
4) Creation of Leadership materials and training sessions for future leaders!
5) Forming a Communications Group and re-establishing a Newsletter!
6) Finally, CountlessVolunteers assisting the office staff, leading services, preparing kiddush, caring for the sick and elderly, working in the community, cooking meals at the men's homeless shelter and creating countless dynamic programs, including the award- winning (2012 J Reader's Choice) Adult Education program!
Last year's miraculous Yom Kippur Appeal and our ongoing Capital Campaign have each been sparked by a matching challenge grant that lifted up our community during a great time of need. We are thrilled to announce that, this year, the leadership of our shul's Board of Directors has stepped up and posed a Yom Kippur Appeal $20,000 matching challenge to our membership! As we ask to be inscribed for another year in the Book of Life we hope you will respond generously to this year's appeal, knowing that what Netivot Shalom does in the world is deeply important, and that what we accomplish is based only on the strength we each offer.
We ask you to please Consider what Netivot Shalom means to you, and what you are prepared to give in order to help us succeed this year. We are both deeply blessed to serve our sacred community, and we thank you in advance for doing everything you can to help Netivot Shalom continue its work in the world.