The Jewish commitment to not only recognize but also defend the divine image of every person has long animated Jewish leaders and institutions to engage in the ongoing work of civil rights in America and around the world. Iconic photos of prophetic leaders like Dr. Martin Luther King Jr and Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel locate Jewish leaders as active participants in society and serve as a clarion call of the yet unfinished work to ensure the dignity and rights of every citizen. On this day of celebration, Jews reaffirm their obligation to stand in solidarity with the African American community, ready to serve as supportive partners in pursuing our common sacred vision.
- ► 2016 (72)
- Tree [a #poem]
- Beshalach: "Turning"
- The Whistler (by Rabbi David Paskin)
- SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT! CAMP RAMAH IN NORTHERN CALIF...
- Three shootings today are buried in the news: A Fu...
- "Our Unfinished Society" - A Prayer Recited at the...
- Immeasurable Comfort
- A statement on Martin Luther King Junior Day
- A Prayer for the Paris Jewish Community
- Life Matters: A Brief Comment
- After Kiddush Learning this Shabbat at CNS: A Jewi...
- ▼ January (11)
- ► 2014 (265)
- ► 2013 (508)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (317)
- ► 2010 (539)
- ► 2009 (321)
- ► 2008 (91)