Be Someone's Hero! Join us in the important mitzvah of donating blood on Thursday, July 16, from 12-6pm, in the Netivot Shalom social hall.
We are happy to co-sponsor this blood drive with our neighbors at The Way Christian Center, as part of Red Cross Interfaith Month.
There are 2 ways to help:
1. Donate blood: Sign up to donate blood at redcrossblood.org (use code CNS) or call 1-800-RED-CROSS. Walk-ins are welcome, but appointments will be honored first, so we encourage you to sign up ahead of time. For anonymous eligibility questions, please call 1-866-236-3276.
2. Volunteer: We would also very much appreciate volunteers to help us set up, greet, and manage the canteen - sign up at http://tinyurl.com/
We recognize that the Red Cross currently has a discriminatory policy that categorically bans gay men from donating blood, and we disagree with this policy. We participate in this blood drive because the current need is great, but we do so with the hope that one day no one will face discriminatory exclusion from participating in this important mitzvah.
Jun 4, 2015
Be Someone's Hero! Join us in the important mitzvah of donating blood, July 16, 12-6pm
- ► 2016 (72)
- This Bench [a #poem]
- Learning About Justice [a #poem]
- 'One Year Later' (or 'Looking Forward to Having Le...
- Rebuilding Your Home: A Prayer for Charleston
- A Rabbi on a Jury
- The System is Broken and is Breaking People: A Rab...
- "Becoming Neighbors" - A Dvar Tzedek for the June ...
- Be Someone's Hero! Join us in the important mitzva...
- I Believe [a #WearingOrange #poem]
- ▼ June (9)
- ► 2014 (265)
- ► 2013 (508)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (317)
- ► 2010 (539)
- ► 2009 (321)
- ► 2008 (91)