This is Not a Million Man March
(c) Rabbi Menachem Creditor
Regarding the current campaign of Palestinian Violence against Israelis in every region of the State: This is not a Million Man march. This is a murderous rampage. Leaders who rise up and raise up and liberate do not stab and bomb and shoot and ram and preach hatred.
The dignity of all people demand the recognition that oppression exists and that no two systems of oppression are identical. No one needs to hear, yet again, that Israel isn't always right. That truth is not the crux of our current moment's self-directing Palestinian death march. Palestinian children are desperate for hope. Hope is a choice. Israel can certainly take steps to support this happening, but can't be the inner Palestinian hope.
You want to see how a Palestinian state will be birthed? Don't look to terrorists and murderers. Look at the new Palestinian city of Rawabi (http://www.rawabi.ps/), where the motto is "Live. Work. Grow."
Just imagine if that were the tenor of Palestinian elected leaders.
- ► 2016 (72)
- VaYeira 5776/2015: "Sermon of the Mount"
- A Real Response to Israel-Hatred: Love
- go [a #poem]
- Israel Action Alert (coordinated by the JCRC): Thi...
- Recent Israel Related Event at UC Berkeley
- canopy of peace [a #poem]
- Praying for Israel During Troubled Times
- This is Not a Million Man March
- We Will Not Be Wearied: A Prayer to End Gun Violen...
- Some Voices [a #poem]
- ▼ October (10)
- ► 2014 (265)
- ► 2013 (508)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (317)
- ► 2010 (539)
- ► 2009 (321)
- ► 2008 (91)