As we close the book of Genesis and prepare for Exodus, may we acknowledge our mortality, feel our own historic Jewish vulnerability, and the promise of liberation. And, as we re-experience our traumatic and inspiring sacred stories, the narratives that define us as Jews, may we remember that all people are worthy of being saved, and that freedom brings with it the responsibility to stand in solidarity with every vulnerable other. May there be no more plagues. May we all sing our freedom songs, sunlight touching our closed, relaxed eyes, feeling safe, side by side.
- ► 2016 (72)
- An Intention for Hope in the New Year
- As we close the book of Genesis and prepare for Ex...
- Something for Everyone - Coming Up at CNS in Janu...
- light always calls [a #nospoiler #starwars #poem]...
- A mini-reflection on officiating at ritual moments...
- CNS Social Action Committee meeting this Sunday, D...
- A Channukah Note: Glimpses of Light
- it's all true [a #poem]
- ▼ December (8)
- ► 2014 (265)
- ► 2013 (508)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (317)
- ► 2010 (539)
- ► 2009 (321)
- ► 2008 (91)