#BringThemHomeNow

Sep 1, 2016

A Moment of Awareness

A Moment of Awareness
© Rabbi Menachem Creditor

An awareness that my beat-up shoes were in need of replacement and that I can afford a new pair; an awareness that I can also control my own time to go buy a new pair of shoes; an awareness that I'm now wearing shoes that help renew my sense of sure-footedness in the world; an awareness that I'm so privileged in all these ways, and finally:

an awareness that inherited privilege must be earned and shared, until no person's need exceeds another's.

Please make a gift to My New Red Shoes, a Bay Area non-profit founded in 2006 to boost the self-confidence, educational experience and quality of life of our community's homeless and low-income children. This year, our goal is to provide 10,000 impoverished children with a new pair of shoes and the opportunity to shop for new school clothing for the 2016 back-to-school season.

Total Pageviews