Skip to main content

Pesach Crowdsourced Questions 5774/2014

Pesach Crowdsourced Questions 5774/2014
(Extra credit for the rhymes!)
Compiled by Rabbi Menachem Creditor

Melissa Nunes-Harwitt: G-d's the One who made us free / What does that require of me?

Adrian Strizhak: This day is different in which way for you; how would you change to see it through?

Avi Greene: I must be me in order to be free. How do I transmit this to my baby is truly the key.

Jennifer Massie: Ma nishtanah ha laila hazeh? What is the next line - I can't remember... Meh.

Alex Weinberg: We need a ________ like we need a _____________ on the Seder plate. What is this year's fruit (and more importantly big issue/challenge that we need to tackle.)

Lyn Davidson: How do we find real freedom in an over-regimented, NSA-surveillance world? Or if you want to put it another way, how do we meaningfully feel, "I personally was redeemed from slavery to the mixed blessings of technology?"

Melissa Nunes-Harwitt: How do we embrace the past / without letting it hold us fast?

Steve Weisman: For me, the "big question" this year is about the search for meaning… and in particular, finding new meaning for us today in the two searches of the holiday -- for chameitz before the meal (both physical AND spiritual) and the afikomen during the meal (and that truly IS a search for meaning -- I highly recommend Jeff Salkin's excellent blog… )… hopefully leading to better paths to fulfilling "b'chol dor vador..." and allowing us, and others, to move from degradation to glory...

Josh Kornbluth: If I help you find the afikomen, will your parents give me a car to ride home in?

Jennifer Massie: Am I wicked or am I wise? I think my pants have grown one size

Sara Sato: If you miss the seder plate, are you considered fashionably late?

Mindy Geminder: I'm the pondering child who asks so many questions, curious. But will my Pesach be extra tasty like the recipes on epicurious? 

Popular posts from this blog

To Kneel [a #Poem]

To Kneel 

(c) Rabbi Menachem Creditorfor Landingham & Kaepernick, our angels in the wings
Sometimes, it isn't about nuance.
Sometimes it just comes down to facing the storm,
calling God out,
standing at the center of a whirlwind
holding your ground.

No cathedral is immune to agony,
no soul impervious to life itself no nation purely noble.
If it were any other way,
there would be no need for cathedrals
in the first place.

Kneel,  stand,  sit,  rise up.

To kneel is
to submit  to lower oneself  to step down  to pause.
To kneel is to call attention  to touch the Earth's face to listen to those  whose blood saturates  the very roots of our story.
To kneel is to step aside  to step outside  to invite others to come closer  to remember.
To kneel is not to stand not to stand not to stand idly by.
Speak your truth,
God damn it.

That's what God wants most of all.

Then There Will Be Enough" - A reflection on this week's #Torah Portion. #toldot #life #wisdom