Jump into Monday's Interfaith Call-In Day to Prevent Gun Violence!
We have noticed a lot of traffic on the faithscalling.org website already and have high hopes that Congress will feel real pressure to take action to end this epidemic of gun violence.
A few final notes in the home stretch:
• Clergy: Remind your congregants about the call-in day this weekend during from the pulpit (please!)
• Tweet! Email! Update your Facebook status! Activate your networks!
• Let your members know that they can get a "reminder" text on Monday by either signing up on faithscalling.org or by texting "FaithsCalling" to 877877.
• Keep your ear to the ground on Monday - we'd love to have a sense of whether the phones in the Senate are really "ringing off the hook." It would be great to quietly ask your contacts in Hill offices to see what kind of an impact our people are making.
• We have prepared a press release that has been distributed to both religious and secular news outlets by our press team at Rabinowitz/Dorf Communications (attached). Additionally, the participant list as of Friday February 1 at 11AM ET is attached. We are accepting participants through the weekend and if there is a significant change we will let you know.
• Finally, please double and triple check that you are providing the correct call-in number and date. There have been a few errors floating around and we want to make sure that we are using the loudest voice that we have! The number is 1-888-897-0174 and the date is Monday February 4th!
Faiths Calling – Interfaith Call-in to Prevent Gun Violence – February 4th
Text "FaithsCalling" to 877877 for a reminder message
We have updated much of the material to be ready to use on Monday to push out to your networks and remind your supporters of the importance of their participation. Obviously, a quick revision of any of these materials makes the usable on the timetable that works best for your community.
Below are some ready-made assets for you to use in your mobilization efforts. Use the attached flyer, email blurbs, sample tweets and facebook posts/cover photo, as well as the Facebook event we created to help you share this information with your communities and activists. On February 4th we will update the website to enable participants to speak directly with their members of Congress at the click of a "Connect Me" button which will prompt a call to the user's phone number.
We are also seeking videos, suggestions, other material to help promote this through owned media channels that we all have access to; given the breadth of the participating communities, we are trying to find stuff that has the right tone and hope that anything you'd like to suggest would be great.
Please also, let us know where you have promoted this and what kind of response you've gotten – we're looking forward to hearing about the impact you're having!
Thank you so much for your attention and support. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Use this blurb for email newsletters/etc. Please try to send out an email reminder on Feb 4th itself; and if you haven't had a chance to share it with your networks in advance, please try to do so this week! (Watch the language of "today" vs. "February 4th" depending on when you send the message).
Call your Senators today and insist that they act to prevent gun violence! Ensure that the voices of faithful Americans ring throughout the halls of Congress. Demand Congress act on the proposals including universal background checks, semi-automatic assault weapons & high-capacity magazines, gun trafficking, and improving access to mental health services. faithscalling.org
Try these for Facebook. Please post to your Facebook page, share the site on your wall/feed, change your cover photo, etc - as appropriate for your community.
• Call your Senators today and insist that they act to prevent gun violence. Ensure that the voices of faithful Americans ring throughout the halls of Congress. http://faithscalling.org
• When you call your Senators for today's national Interfaith Call-in day, tell them gun violence prevention laws work and that you are a member of the faith community demanding action now. http://faithscalling.org
Feel free to promote the Facebook event we created for people to save the date about the call-in: https://www.facebook.com/events/394532430637059/
I'm also attaching a jpg that you may use as your cover photo (you can see it at the RAC's facebook page, if you're curious how it looks – facebook.com/therac); and the photoshop files for this artwork so you can make any changes as appropriate for your site/audiences
Try these for Twitter: Tweet about our collective efforts! Campaign hashtag #faithscalling
• I'm joining the interfaith call-in day on Feb 4th to insist on action to #preventgunviolence #faithscalling http://faithscalling.org
• If not now, when? Today is Interfaith Call-In Day to #preventgunviolence #faithscalling http://faithscalling.org
• The time is always right to do what is right - #MLK. Today, join me & call on Congress to