I've been scouring social media for mentions of Rachel Brodie z"l, whose funeral is in a few hours in California. And, inevitably, I'm finding lots of times over the years when I couldn't help but post something about or from her. This tweet from 2012 says so much. The graphic in the background is what she called "Taxonomies of Jewish Identity," lines of connection between the countless ideas in her capacious mind/soul. The quote demonstrates her quick wit and her functional brilliance.
God, I miss her so very much. It's very hard to understand my world without her.
Apr 14, 2022
Rachel Brodie's "Taxonomies of Jewish Identity." And a tweet.
for a glimpse into her professional presentation of the gifts of her person: https://lnkd.in/djGVhH6a
TEACHER · AUTHOR · ACTIVIST · MUSICIAN
Rabbi Menachem Creditor
Teaching Torah. Inspiring courage. Building a world of love.
Inspiring communities to think deeply, feel honestly, and act with courage through Jewish learning, public conversation, music, and prayer.
Total Pageviews
-
Immersion and Identity Rabbi Ethan Tucker Delivered at the 7th annual Camp Conference of the Grinspoon Institute for Jewish Philanthropy ...
-
Ed Sheeran Owes His Fans an Apology Rabbi Menachem Creditor September 6, 2026 At MetLife Stadium this past weekend, Benjamin Hammond Haggert...
-
Hebrew National & Kosher Politics What's kosher about answering to a higher authority? July 10, 2009 Kenneth Lasson Special to the...