#BringThemHomeNow

Jul 16, 2015

Please God, Softness [#poem]

Please God, Softness [#poem]
© Rabbi Menachem Creditor

Last year it was a gun
that broke my heart,
missiles tore my soul.

Today I heard a Palestinian grandfather
pray to not bury his grandchildren,
piercing me with his eyes.

There will be analysis of his facts.
(He, of course, has only his eyes.)
History will be written and rewritten,
never to be agreed upon.

But his eyes, his eyes, his prayer...
that simple, wrenching prayer...

So much blood.
So much pain.

God's tears pour through my eyes
because God's tears poured through his.

Please God, I'm begging
for softness,
for love,
for our sharp edges to disappear.
Please...

-------
Rabbi Menachem Creditor
▶menachemcreditor.org ▶netivotshalom.org

To join Rabbi Creditor's email list, send a blank email to thetisch-subscribe@yahoogroups.com!

Total Pageviews