#BringThemHomeNow

May 10, 2013

Introducing Our Rabbinic Intern: Josh Buchin!


Introducing CNS Rabbinic Intern Josh Buchin!
Dear Chevreh,

I am delighted to share that Josh Buchin will serve as Rabbinic Intern at Netivot Shalom starting June 4 through August! Read below for an introduction from Josh!

This will be an amazing opportunity for Josh to explore his emerging rabbinate with our special community! Josh will be facilitating some Shabbat services this summer, shadowing me in some of my meetings, and will teach me what it means to mentor emerging rabbis. I'm grateful for my own rabbinic growth in this journey, and very pleased that it is specifically Josh, who has already brought so much learning and warmth through our friendship these past 6 years. 
 
We will share, when Josh arrives, what some of his specific roles and teaching will look like. For now, I hope you'll join me in preparing to welcome him home in his new role!
 
Shabbat Shalom!
Rabbi Creditor
From Josh Buchin, CNS Rabbinic Intern

When I think about what it mean to have the opportunity to spend this summer as the Rabbinic Intern at Congregation Netivot Shalom, I am overwhelmed by many emotions - gratitude, excitement, anticipation. But most of all, humility. I feel humbled for the opportunity to get to serve in this capacity in such an amazing, warm, nurturing community.

 

For those of you who I haven't yet met, I grew up in Berkeley, and have deep roots connecting me to both the Berkeley Jewish community as well as to Congregation Netivot Shalom. My family was involved with the founding of the community, and have remained active participants ever since. Before starting Rabbinical school, I worked in Jewish education in a wide variety of settings throughout the Bay Area, including in the religious school at CNS. My own Bar Mitzvah was at CNS (back when it was at the JCC), and so working at CNS this summer feels to me, more than anything else, like coming home.

 

I am reminded of a verse in Ecclesiastes (2:14): "The wise person has his eyes in his head." We are told in this verse to use our eyes to observe the world, to approach everything with an

 open mind and with a sense of wonder. This is how I hope to show up this summer - with my eyes open to all of the amazing experiences and learning which I hope we will be able to share together.

 

I'm very excited for the chance to get to learn from all of you, and I look forward to connecting with many of you in the coming weeks!

 

Kol Tuv!

Josh

 

Congregation Netivot Shalom | 1316 University Avenue | Berkeley | CA | 94702

Total Pageviews

NEW BOOK! Calling Out: Psalms for Today

Calling Out: Psalms for Today www.amazon.com/dp/B0D22YG9X7 co-edited with Sarah Tuttle-Singer The night of April 13, 2024 the People of Isra...